SPREADSHEET EXERCISE 03
1. Power up the system.
2. Load up your spreadsheet program.
3. Enter the heading HOUSE SALES
4. Enter the following headings
5, In the first column enter the following titles (left justified)
SMITH & JONES
BELL & COYNE
SMITH & JONES
TOTAL PER AREA
6. Enter the data shown below
|SMITH & JONES||14||23||45||21||67||4|
|BELL & COYNE||56||23||34||56||73||4|
|SMITH & JONES||11||23||23||44||34||4|
7. Save your spreadsheet and print it.
8. There is an error in the data; make the following change:
HALLGATES sold 30 houses in IRBY
9. The CHESTER entries have been placed in the wrong area; delete the CHESTER column.
10. The COMMISSION figures should be shown as £4.00. Change the format of the cells in the COMMISSION column to display to 2 decimal places.
11. Use a formula to calculate the TOTAL per area for HOYLAKE
12. Use the replicate command to copy the formula for HOYLAKE and so calculate the TOTALS for UPTON, IRBY and OXTON.
13. The spreadsheet would be clearer if the TOTAL PER AGENT were displayed. Add a column with a suitable heading before the column showing COMMISSION
14. Use a formula to calculate:
15. Print these formulae.
16. The COMMISSION rate had been altered to £5,65. Make this change and recalculate the AMOUNTS.
17. Save the spreadsheet.
18. Load paper into the printer, set to top of form and print the spreadsheet.
19. Close down the system.