DATABASE EXERCISE 4
You are working for a travel agency and have been asked to set up a file containing details on major trains used by the agency as part of its European tour operations. The file is to be set up on a computer using a database information retrieval package. It will be mainly used to provide information to both company employees and customers alike.
1. Power on your workstation.
2. Boot up and load A DATABASE:
3. Enter each of the 10 fieldnames as follows:
4. Enter the data for the first 20 records:
5. Review all your data entries:
6. When you have finished entering and correcting or editing the records on your file you should save your data-file and print it out.
7. Display and print out all trains departing from Victoria station.
8. Add a new record as follows:
Victoria, England, Sterling, Moscow, USSR, Roubles, 1996, 0700, 2300, 186.00
9. A passengers wishes to know details of all trains leaving Victoria station between 0700 and 1200 for France. What trains are available and to what stations in Paris should they arrive? Print out the train details.
10. What are the numbers of all trains going from France to Holland?
11. A passenger in Paris wishes to know of a train which arrives in London between 1700 and 1800 and its fare-price. Is there such a train and, if so, what is its number and departure time? Print out the train details.
12. A passenger in London wishes to have a list of the various currencies in use in the different Continental countries served by the timetable. Prepare such a list for him and print it out.
13. Sort the timetable in descending fare order and produce a printout of the complete timetable.
14. Exit from the DATABASE.